Thinking About Becoming a Member of
South Carolina Solutions?
The Medically Complex Children’s Waiver (MCCW) is a statewide program to serve certain children from birth to age 18. Children qualifying for this program meet either the Nursing Facility (NF) or Intermediate Care Facility‐Intellectually Disabled (ICF‐ID) level of care and medical criteria. Eligible children must be residents of South Carolina and eligible for Medicaid.
- To provide ongoing continuity of care to children through use of nurse care coordinators. These coordinators serve as liaisons between waiver participants and all medical and community service providers.
- To decrease hospitalizations and emergency room visits. This effort will improve quality of life for waiver participants and be cost‐effective.
- Pediatric medical child care.
- Respite care (skilled vs. unskilled services).
- Care coordination assistance with coordination of State Plan services, including incontinence supplies, personal care, private duty nursing, transportation and durable medical equipment.
Medical Eligibility Criteria
The Waiver will serve children who meet:
- NF or ICF‐ID level of care.
- Have a chronic physical/health condition that is expected to last longer than 12 months.
- Participants must also meet the state‐defined medical eligibility criteria. These criteria evaluate a child’s dependency based on medications, hospitalizations, skilled nursing services, ancillary services and specialist.
Joining the MCCW
If you are interested in joining the MCCW, please contact your child’s doctor and ask them to make a referral.
To make a referral:
Online – http://phoenix.scdhhs.gov/cltc_referrals/new
Phone – 855-278-1637
Fax – 803-255-8240
For more information, please contact:
803-898-2577 or 803-898-0079